What would I have done differently? This is a question that’s plagued me for years, and that is exactly why it’s so difficult to answer. I should have done numerous things differently throughout my fifty-five years on this planet. Very few, however, would I actually choose to do differently, because then I would be another Donna Kiser than I am today.
Considering only the past twelve months though is not only easier, but also necessary in measuring goal-setting outcomes to adjust going forward. So here goes:
- More research on teaching overseas before spending $1200 on certification
- Curb the acting-on-emotion, but don’t lose spontaneity
- Leaving Wisconsin before summer housing was confirmed
- Falling in love with a location because of scenery, and moving w/o research
- Trusting too quickly (this is an ongoing, perpetual issue for me)
- More activity, less sitting
- More writing, less work
- Promote self more (another biggie for me)
- Worrying about what others think
I think that’s plenty for the page, there’s tons more running circles in my head. At least I’ve have the groundwork for 2012's action plan, except for #1. Not much I can do now about #1 but I can remind myself to research a LOT before making decisions—kinda goes with #2.