Monday, August 22, 2011

On to the Outside

Cleared a bit of land today. Now that unpacking is done and everything is pretty much in its place indoors, time to move outdoors and work on the "getting strong again" portion of this move. Keeping in mind that I am an out-of-shape city girl, so taking my time. Weeded the front flower garden first, then to the back yard(?).



This is the "before" pic.



















This is the "after shot.
















 Can YOU see the difference? You can see the base of that back tree. The one big plant still in front, I left purposefully.


I believe this is sage. If it is, I'll definitely want to keep it.

















And, I found my wild blackberry (or they may be raspberry) bushes that I'd seen when I first took the place in early July. Past harvesting time now but still want to know where they are. What a wonderful way to spend a morning.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter's friend who is very much into native plants and herbs just informed me that the berry bush is "elderberry". Onto research of harvest times and uses for elderberry.

    The 'sage' may be horseweed, which is NOT good.

    Need to get a book on native Georgia/Appalachian plants.

    ReplyDelete